TOKYO BLUES by Benjamin Harrison - Track 6 "Yamanote Loop"
- ‘Tokyo Blues’ is a jazz fusion album from Australian multi-instrumental musician, composer and producer Benjamin Harrison. Stream the full album now on Apple Music, Spotify and Tidal or purchase at Bandcamp, iTunes and benharrison.com.au
This is Track 6 from the album titled 'Yamanote Loop'.
►DOWNLOAD / BUY CD AT: benharrison.com.au/store
►APPLE MUSIC: music.apple.com/us/artist/benjamin-harrison/1453715598
A follow-up to his debut 2019 contemporary jazz release ‘Nomad’, Benjamin showcases his versatility as a skilled multi-instrumentalist on ‘Tokyo Blues’ as he performs on saxophones (soprano, alto, tenor and baritone), piano, keyboards, synthesizers, guitar, bass and percussion.
“The concept for Tokyo Blues arose during a recent trip to Tokyo, one of my favourite cities in the world to visit, where I decided that I’d like to create an album drawing inspiration from some of my biggest influences in the vibrant Japanese jazz fusion scene, such as Hiromi, T-Square, The Seatbelts, Casiopea, Soil & “Pimp” Sessions and Four of a Kind.” - Benjamin
Joining Benjamin on this album are three talented drummers: fellow Adelaidean and former band-mate Ben Todd (Cirque du Soleil), Jordan Perlson (Hiromi, Jeff Coffin, Snarky Puppy) and Japanese drumming prodigy Senri Kawaguchi (Kiyo*Sen, Triangle, Bootsy Collins). Regarding the choice of musicians, Benjamin says “I feel really blessed and fortunate to have such amazing drummers on the album-their energy and intensity just elevates the music to a whole new level”.
A successful crowd funding campaign run on Kickstarter also allowed Benjamin to have the album mixed and mastered by acclaimed engineer Simon Cotsworth, whose extensive production credits include Incognito, The Brand New Heavies and George Benson.
- Benjamin Harrison: saxophone (soprano, alto, tenor and baritone), piano, keyboards, synthesizers, guitar, bass guitar, percussion and drum programming
- Ben Todd (1,5,6): drums
- Senri Kawaguchi (2): drums
- Jordan Perlson (4,7): drums
- Simon Cotsworth: mixing and mastering engineer
- I P Lobato: cover artwork